Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last day in Ireland. Love God's creation.

Wicklow Mountains. True beauty.

I am in awe of how magnificent the countryside of Ireland is. My lord, I could have sat there all day and looked out over the mountains. We spent the entire day touring outside the city, starting with what is called the Sally Gap. We could see for miles, seeing the greenest grass and one small road that curved around the bottom of the mountain. It almost didn't seem real how beautiful it was! We then were able to see the bridge where Hilary Swank and Gerard Butler meet for the first time in P.S. I Love You, and we saw the fields where the battles took place in Braveheart. So cool!
We then went to see the Glenmacnass Waterfall, which wasn't too raging, but it had a gorgeous valley with lots of sheep at the bottom of it! I have never been more excited to see sheep than I was today. From there we went to Glendalough, a settlement with a lot of old stone churches and celtic cross tomb stones. Beautiful pictures to come.
From there we went to a Weaving Mill in a small village in the mountains called Avoca, and it had a tiny cafe that served some of the best beef stew I have ever had! All three of us got it, and devoured it. More importantly, it was cheap!

After a long day of touring we stayed in for the night. Julia made us yet again another delicious meal, ( I will definitely miss having her as a hostess!) and we spent the rest of the night enjoying each other's company. I am going to miss Ireland! I am surprised how I have fallen in love with the country. I see myself someday coming back here and living for a bit, but that would be a dream come true for sure!

Tomorrow, off to London. Now that, my friends, is going to be an adventure. More to come when I get a hold of a computer! Pray for safety as we travel from Ireland to the United Kingdom!

" . . . so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment